WinThruster is one of the computer optimization tools classified as PUP – Potentially Unwanted Program, which can freshen up the computer and boost its performance. However, it describes as untrustworthy according to some of the security experts. Although it cannot be termed as a virus unless it detected, its functionality seems to be fuzzy.
The WinThruster is infamously a program, which is potentially harmful for Windows PC named as the file name “setup_winthruster_2018.exe”. The WinThrustertool – developed by Solvusoft Corporation, a US-based company – is advertised as a registry cleaner and a system optimizer. The tool being promised by the developers in order to install and activate its full version for which users will be able to improve the functionality of their computers and the systems will function in a speedy way.
It is also advertised as a program that may be installed into all Windows versions built on a comprehensive scanning technology that is supposed to identify performance issues better than other such tools.
Symptoms of the WinThruster Tool
- Every time you turn on your Windows PC, you might get Pop-ups alert saying “issues”with your PC.
- Fake security alerts online when you do browse for several websites. Moreover, the alert will notify you to clean your computer by using the WinThruster tool.
Your PC functions a bit slower because of the repetitive scanning process.
Steps to Remove or Uninstall WinThruster PUP Virus
- Download & Install Sushkom Antivirus.
- Start a Quick scan, full scan or Custom files scan.
- Soon the scan will start to find WinThruster malware
- As virus is detected you will get option to delete the file or quarantine it.
- Additionally, you may choose Anti-spam control option to protect your device in future. Adjust protection settings for mail and internet browsing for full safety.